Pack Your Bags! It's Time For CascadiaFest 2015!
CascadiaFest 2015 is almost here! This year's location is amazing but will require you to trek to a distant corner of the Pacific Northwest. But fear not! Read below for tips and tricks on packing for your journey and arriving safe and sound.
Are your bags packed?
The only required item to bring is a photo ID. But here are some things that we strongly encourage you to consider bringing. Remember, Semiahmoo is kind of remote and there isn't a 7-11 around the corner:
- Snacks - we will be serving 3 hearty meals every day, but if you need to nosh regularly throughout the day, please bring snacks.
- Clothes - sunny and 80's during the day, dipping to the low 60's at night.
- Pool gear - swimsuit, sunscreen, etc.
Getting to Semiahmoo Resort
If you're interested in carpooling (either as a driver or rider) definitely head to Gitter and let your fellow Cascadians know.
Note on Tuesday's Shuttles
We are arranging for shuttle service to pick people up from the Bellingham Amtrak and bring them either to the Bellingham Best Western or Semiahmoo. When you disembark from the train please proceed directly outside and board the shuttle. The shuttles will be departing on-time. More information on shuttle departure times in the CascadiaFest Travel Guide.
Note on Tuesday Night at Semiahmoo
Having second thoughts about driving up to Semiahmoo first thing Wednesday? We still have some rooms available for Tuesday night and would like to put them to good use. If you'd like to book a Tuesday night room at the heavily discounted rate of $100/night, please email email@example.com.
We've added three final workshops to round out our first ever Workshop Track. The workshops are all free but space is super limited. Please RSVP to hold your spot!
- Wednesday Morning: Coding for Kids
- Wednesday Afternoon: Learn Cool Tricks Using Internet Connected Hardware
- Thursday Morning: Internet All The Things With Node.js + Intel Edison
- Thursday Afternoon: Node.js - Zero to Hero Workshop
- Friday Morning: WebRTC for Everyone
- Friday Afternoon: Testing on Mobile: Automating The Pain Away
CascadiaFest is ~72 hours of pure awesome starting Wednesday morning (7/8) and concluding Friday night (7/10). Every day will start with registration/breakfast and close with a evening funtimes. We've posted more details on our website:
Code of Conduct
CascadiaFest is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable environment for all our participants. Please read and review our Code of Conduct prior to the event.
Please keep an eye out for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be our primary way to communicate new information and any change in plans.
We can't wait to see you!